Everyone who has developed a website has learned that Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the most important part of the website to “get right” – it’s what draws potential customers to the website. There are a variety of steps to do website SEO that new website developers should know, such as: Know what the keywords should be that supports the product or service that is to be advertised on the website. You should pick keywords that are consistent with the service or product. Target keywords or key phrases are low competition.
- Pay attention to the competition and the key words and phrases that the competition is used. Find out how the competition ranks and what it is that is making their site outperform others.
- Write content that draws the potential customers. The context of the search engines should be very high quality using words that draw the customers in. When the text can be shared on a variety of social media networks, the website reaches a wider variety of people looking for their product or service.
- The links that are available on the website that links to other trusted sites also helps draw in business as well as adding credibility to the website SEO phrases. When these links are shown in the website it – and particularly when the website is linked from other sites, it draws in a completely different audience, and they will probably return because there’s credibility that is gained.Find additional information at Local Client Takeover.
- Include images that are relevant to the products and services that are advertised on the website, and remember captions should be added to the images if there are different products advertised (it cuts down on confusion to potential customers who are looking for a specific product). Don’t forget to add “alt text”.
- Pay attention to the length of the text on the website. It’s generally recommended to keep the number of words per page to 600 or more – people tend to read as much. But often they “skim” the page, so use appropriate words that will make them slow down and read more.
- Use the key words on every page, and particularly in the titles. It’s also recommended website SEO content not be duplicated from one page to the next, but do pay attention to key words and the theme of each page.
- Ranking is oftentimes decided by the header tags on the website, so make sure that the keywords are used in these header tags.
- Test the website to validate that all links go to the correct site, that the headers go to the correct pages, and that there are no “broken” links in the website.
- Be sure to measure the effectiveness of the number of people visiting the website and using web analytics to help determine way to improve the website. Remember a website is a living marking application and there is always room for improvement. Whether the website is brand new or it’s been live for a few years, there are still a variety of steps to do website SEO that developers need to remember and utilize.